Rivers Run Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION)

5 posters

Go down

Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION) Empty Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION)

Post by Murphy Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 pm

Murphy here.  
Bishop Fortunado has opened an invitation to use this forum for discussion.  I recommend we use this channel to facilitate the defense of the city.
In our first meeting, we laid claim to sections of the city.  Our first night was a little hectic, so, I think it would be a good idea to re-state the regions of the city each pack will be charged with protecting.

I would like to clarify, on behalf of my pack, that our 'claim' to a part of the city is not ownership, or rule, but a stewardship.  We will protect, watch, and defend our section of the city, so that we can better protect the city as a whole.

We have laid claim to the region of Greentree.  If you were to look at the map, (I have been on google for hours now scouring the maps for havens and defensive weaknesses) our territory will span from I79 in the east, to the river in the North and West and south to 22/279/376.  This should, in theory, cut off access from Morgantown via 79 N.  We will police the parkway inbound from the west, but that is only 1 of 2 major highways from Morgantown to Pittsburgh.

If I recall correctly, no pack laid claim to the area called Monroeville.  Being new to this area, and Pennsylvania's unique civil engineering, I was not aware that this would be such a glaring defense issue at the time.  I apologize for not bringing this up sooner.  

If you look at a map, the Camarilla could use 43 through Uniontown, catch 76 and drive through Greensburg and Irwin.  This would bring them right into Monroeville and onto 376.  If a pack nearby were to stretch their reach to Squirrel Hill and into Monroeville, that could sure up our Eastern defenses.
I believe there is an infamous tunnel between Squirrel Hill and Monroeville that always has traffic issues.  This could be our Hot Gates.  We could use that tunnel as a bottle neck and catch point.  A few well placed traffic problems, construction, fender benders, or even idiot drivers trying to pass on the shoulder, could convince a squad of would be Camarilla attackers to take to their feet.  Where our packs could eviscerate them.

From my research, the 79 interchange is also notoriously bad for traffic jams.  This expected traffic problem could be used to mask our defensive efforts from the notice of the mortals, and keep our city safe.

We are ONE Sword.  We stand together, or we don't stand at all.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION) Empty Re: Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION)

Post by Murphy Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:24 pm

Edit: A second look at the map shows a problem with my assessment of Monroeville.  If we pull back to the Squirrel Hill Tunnel, that would leave a path open using 28S.  Defenses would have to be set up at the intersection of 376 and 76N to truly block off Eastern access.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION) Empty Re: Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION)

Post by Dr.Grey Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:36 pm

Doctor Grey, Ductus of the Sons of Liberty.

Our Diamond covers most of the eastern end of Pittsburgh as it is. If the Camarilla seek to find succor in our city, they'll only find quick death. The SoL do not take prisoners, only experiments.

That being said, the Sons of Liberty will claim Squirrel Hill, Shadyside, and the entirety of the eastern border. We will be the austere wall upon which any pawns of the Tower will be washed aside.

Two Packs now protect the south and the east. It is up to the rest of you to hold the north and west borders.
Dr.Grey
Dr.Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:38 pm

Ooh-Rah!
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:53 pm

Here is a map.  Packs, feel free to edit to show your territories.
Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION) Defens11
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabastian De La Cruz Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:04 am

Murphy, I commend your attention to detail. The defense of Pittsburgh should be of paramount concern, and you do not disappoint in your research.

Thank you and Walk with Cain

Sebastian De La Cruz
Sabastian De La Cruz
Sabastian De La Cruz

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:10 am

Thank you, fellow Priest.  We cannot hope to foster the spiritual growth of our Brothers and Sisters, if we cannot first provide for their security. 
Also, if any pack does not have a member comfortable enough with computers, I am willing to draw in your turf as well.  Just tell me which roads, or water ways can be used for rough borders, and I will mark them accordingly.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Grey Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:29 am

Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION) Defens10

My command over computers is rudimentary at best, but I am learning quickly. I do not have the same program you've used to alter the file, but I used a basic one that came with my machine.
Dr.Grey
Dr.Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:32 am

If it works, it works.  Thank you.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:53 am

Updated map.
[img]Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION) Defens13[/img]
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:40 pm

Does anyone have a way of contacting the other Ducti? We need to make sure all of our bases are covered.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr.Grey Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:19 pm

I'm not quite sure how antiquated the other ducti are in their habits. Also, we haven't exactly exchanged phone numbers. I feel that we should discuss these things at our next meeting. What would happen if Tell Your Mother Thanks, or Crazy Donkey Punch were in need of reinforcements? We have no ways of contacting one another in the event of another invasion.
Dr.Grey
Dr.Grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Davias Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:41 pm

ultimately they will have to adapt or turn to dust...our hold here is week at best and without open communication none of these plans are worth spit
Davias
Davias

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas Dolfini Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:21 pm

My ductus has informed me to you that our areas of concern are the Strip District and the South Side, as we are not that well versed in this map tool that is being used we ask that those that know fill in our areas. Much is appreciated.
Lucas Dolfini, Crazy Donkey Punch
Lucas Dolfini
Lucas Dolfini

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:35 pm

Updated.  Thank you, Lucas.  
Defensive Strategies (IN CHARACTER FORUM DISCUSSION) Defens15
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down