Pittsburgh Mayoral Race 2014 (Sabbatgate)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pittsburgh Mayoral Race 2014 (Sabbatgate)

Post by Admin on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:46 pm

(*OOC: This thread will be used for the news updates on the Special Election for Mayor of Pittsburgh in game... If you see something happening in the news as you follow the race that you'd like to look into or spend influence on, please send all actions to riversrunredst@gmail.com*)

Sally Wiggan reporting...

This week, after a long time of dominating the polls, Archibald Grimaldi has fallen behind Republican candidate Peter White by 8 points in the polls, an overall drop of 13.5 points from where he stood just last week. With a poll drop like that, Mr. Grimaldi better hope for a stellar debate performance next week before the election in early September...

We'll have more as we move closer to election day, but thank you for tuning into channel 4 for your coverage...
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://riversrunred.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Pittsburgh Mayoral Race 2014 (Sabbatgate)

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:22 pm

***********BREAKING NEWS************

Tripp Turner Reporting

In a story exclusive to channel 4, our station investigators have uncovered a blemish on Mayoral Candidate Peter White's formerly stellar record.

It appears that in 1992, at the tender age of 16, Peter White was arrested and tried, being found guily, of arson when he burned down an abandoned home in Washington County. His records were sealed but this reporter can say that, confirmed from multiple reliable sources, Peter White's act cause the death of at least 1 homeless resident of the area who was residing in the structure in question. As it appears, Mr. White's father had local police bury the investigation to save his son from being tried as an adult.

This has brought up several questions as to the integrity of the Washington County police department, and an investigation is being launched to uncover any more corruption in that area. The district attorney had this to say:

(*Long winded quote that basically says "we assure local residents that this is being investigated."*)

Channel 4 will have more on this story as it develops, but for now this reporter can only imagine what this means for Mr. White's chances in the upcoming Mayoral race...

Tripp Turner reporting, Channel 4 news.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:30 pm

*************BREAKING NEWS*************

Sally Wiggan reporting, Channel 4 News...

In a heartwarming development, Archibald Grimaldi, Mayoral Candidate for the City of Pittsburgh, contacted and personally funded the expertise of a Dr. Vanisfor the benefit of the children who have, until now, sat in comas following the incident at the Carnegie Science Center's Submarine Sleepovers. It appears that with the help of the good doctor, all but 6 of the children have been woken up! This comes at a very important time in the Mayoral Race, as Mr. Grimaldi had fallen behind in the polls, but with this new development, coupled with the troubling news of Mr. White's past, This reporter can only assume the tides will turn when polls are rexalculated at the end of this week.

The thoughts and prayers of everyone here at channel 4 news go out to the families of the 6 children who have not yet awoken, and hope for them all the best...

Sally Wiggan reporting, Channel 4 news.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin on Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:38 pm

***********************BREAKING NEWS*******************

Tripp Turner reporting:

Going into the final day of Polls before tomorrow's election, chances look grim for Republican candidate Peter White as the uprooted scandals of his past have crippled his campaign...

The surprise of the day is that a new horse has entered the race and is gaining ground quickly.  Newcomer James Parker, on the Independent ticket, now finds himself neck and neck with Democratic Candidate Archibald Grimaldi.  Over the past week it seems that Mr. Parker has come, seemingly out of nowhere, with a vengence and a solid chance at victory. Mr. Parker sat down with Sally Wiggan yesterday and he had this to say...

(*Extensive interview with the following stand out soundbytes*)
"I'm just a man, but I stand for the hope of a better tomorrow, and hopefully the city of Pittsburgh sees that I am the man to lead them on their charge..."
"I have a great respect for Mr. White and Mr. Grimaldi.  Both of them have fought a hard campaign, but I will not be reduced to cheap tricks and inflammatory accusations when my platform for change is so strong..."
"This city has a great amount of heart, and its willpower will be tested going into these coming years if the recent past is any indicator..."
"I never miss you or Tripp's broadcasts, you're both have an amazing amount of integrity in your journalism..."
"This city deserves a leader, and that's all I really have to say about that..."
(*end interview*)

Well, I can tell you one thing, Pittsburgh... While this race is clearly too close to call, the power is in your hands... Get out there and vote!

Tripp Turner, channel 4 news...
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top