Knowledge is Power Paid for in Pain

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Knowledge is Power Paid for in Pain

Post by A Pimp Called Rapha on Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Brothers and Sisters of the Sword!

It has been noticed that with the ascension of His Excellency Frank Kennedy DDS, Esq to the lofty position of bishop there is now a void in the spirit of the city since his guiding presence as Deacon has been turned to more visceral concerns of leadership.

This is only right! But it comes at a time when the packs have been shaken and new Cainites have stepped forward to act as priests in the education of their brothers.

Auspicious Consumption is in such a period and I have taken up the duty to instruct Faye in the ways of the Ritae as an Ordained Priest. Until His Excellency Pope sees fit to appoint a Deacon, should the other packs have new priests in need of instruction I offer them the opportunity to join her. I do this in service to the Sword, but do not imagine that your instruction will be gentle because of this. You will emerge worthy of the clergy of the Sabbat or I will see you reduced to ash and your blood used to strengthen those worthy of the name Sabbat.
A Pimp Called Rapha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Knowledge is Power Paid for in Pain

Post by MoonlightIbis on Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:20 am

My Ductus,
I appreciate your instruction and I understand the need to teach in me in the most efficient manner. I will do my best to follow your instruction and teaching methods in order to better aid the sword. I must thank you for the instruction and to be considered worthy of the position you have bestowed upon me. I can only thank you for your trust and guidance.
With Gratitude,
Faye Smith

MoonlightIbis

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by A Pimp Called Rapha on Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:35 pm

The pack’s footprints left trails in dust so thick one could imagine no human had ever marred the basement with their bleating.  The smell of raw earth pouring into the far corner where the cement had buckled almost occluded the tang of burnt blood drifting down the stairs from the earlier ritual.  Favelas were excellent places for a Cainite.  Where helpless hunks of meat were in ample supply and yet full of dark places no one cared to look anymore.  Of course that cries for help were something that kine here ran FROM, did nothing to tarnish the allure.

When all had gathered around the flaked wreck of a porch table and the chalice it supported in defiance of physics all was in alignment to attempt the Ritae.  “Tonight we give Faye the chance to prove that she has fully devoted herself to the Ritae and become truly worthy of the name Priest."

Taking up the razor Faye intoned words that spoke of rote understanding of the words but little of their true meaning.  Her Blood flowed into the chalice and sloshed thickly over the side.

More vitae spilled as Raphael snatched the chalice and left it rocking on the table, the sound of brittle paint cracking into powder all that disturbed the silence.  "You have disgraced yourself.  Do you even understand why?"

When no word of protest followed he forged on, eyes glowing coldly holding his pupil in place, "You use the tools given to you.  You assume others have done your work for you.  This is weakness that no leader of the Sword's mighty spirit can possess!  You speak words without fire, believing the words create the Ritae rather than the belief of the priest!  Your faith lacks because you take for granted that the unlife you enjoy is without cost!  You do not appreciate what would await you in the grasp of capricious elders!  And so you must learn why our brotherhood is more important than the continued existence of any one of the Sword!  Tonight you learn the weight of the bonds that were broken and the value of the brotherhood the Sword has gifted you!"

He brought forth another cup, scarred with age and streaked with carbon where it had been exposed to boiling blood and fire.  "Drink this the only cup you are worthy of this night and you rededicate yourself to understanding these nights until I permit you the chance to try again." he snarled.  "We are finished here!  Remember this shame," he gestured to encompass the whole of the pack, "And all of you know that the failings of one damages all.  There shall be no Vaulderie this night because one has failed, yet all are weakened by this.  Think on this until we gather again for Esbat."

(OOC: This is written with the permission of the other character involved, including the agreed upon results. Any pack member who wishes to continue this series in future weeks is welcome to.)
A Pimp Called Rapha

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top