Rivers Run Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crickets and Tumbleweed

4 posters

Go down

Crickets and Tumbleweed Empty Crickets and Tumbleweed

Post by Murphy Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:04 pm

Hello all!  This place looks incredibly too barren.  So, I'm taking initiative.  
I guess I should start with introductions. 
I am Dan Owens, my character's name is Murphy (if you couldn't tell from my screen name).  I have been playing rpg's for about 10-12 years now.  I started with DnD and Shadowrun, did some WoD table top and Earthdawn over the years, and many other random games.  It took until 2007 or 8 (those years were fuzzy) to get into larping.  I had an interest, but didn't know any larpers.  To this day I kick myself for going to Bethany instead of Pitt.  I could have been larping way back in the old days with some of you.  

RPG's aside.  I am a physics/calculus teacher, which means I should be careful what I get caught doing in character.  Though, I am not a closet geek.  My students and coworkers know how horribly geeky I am, and, so far, it has only gained me respect.  Walking in with a Skyrim hangover earns instant cred with the younglings.  

I am also a husband/father.  I met my wife, Cori (aka Alexi), larping in my first game.  We don't speak of that game, it was an Abomination, literally and figuratively.  We had a son, who is now 2.5 and is being groomed into geekdom.  He already rolls for us at table-top nights.  Odd's are, if we don't make it to a game session it is because our babysitter flaked out, and our child is not yet old enough to stay up late larping.  

Well, I did my part.  Now it's your turn.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Crickets and Tumbleweed Empty Re: Crickets and Tumbleweed

Post by Admin Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:43 pm

In my personal opinion, the long spoken of but never implemented "LARP daycare" needs to be put into effect...

-F-
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://riversrunred.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kit_ND Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:35 am

There was a LARP nightcare, but the person has since gotten pregnant and is not available.
    Anyway, since Dan started this going, my name is Nicole Diley-DeVault.  Most people know me as Nic.  I started tabletop gaming in high school.  I was introduced to White Wolf in college, and I started LARPing back in 2004.  
    Outside of gaming, I am a computer tech who travels a lot.  My company is spread out over multiple counties, so I am almost always running.  Not much else about me. Sorry I missed first night, but I fully intend to be at the next game!
Kit_ND
Kit_ND

Back to top Go down

Post by Rini Quinn Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:28 pm

Hola, I'm Sam, from Indianapolis. I play Rini Quinn, and hope to make it to game every once in awhile (Probably tagging along with Kevin Wilhite and Krissybear Eshleman).

I've actually only been playing for about two years or something like that. Started off in a troupe vampire game, and have since played Sabbat, Cam, Changeling, and I am one of 4 STs of our local Garou game.

Outside of game, I don't really do much. I'm an internet addict, a flute player, and I love eating at the Waffle House near here because the guy who works there looks just like Chris Rock. That's pretty much it.
Hope to actually meet you people sometime soon!
Rini Quinn
Rini Quinn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum