An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*)

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*)

Post by Toady on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:21 pm

He left the decrepit old box, tattered and worn at the corners, at his feet upon his overlook of the city as he willed himself into a form much more acceptable for tracking.

"Don't forget, if shit gets weird, you get out... FAST!" He said to the two Cainites before him.  He had hope for the city, hope they would resolve their issues, and mybe the materials he left with Nicoli would help them...

He floated onward towards Oakland, knowing full well that staying in this state, high above, would be the safest approach...  The monolith *knew* him, and there was no way he'd allow those hooks back into his flesh...

As he flew over the prison, he reformed and pulled out his phone...  The text to Virgil read:
"I'm sending a brother, vouched for, tried and tested, to the Cathedral.  He travels with another from his own city.  Meet them there."

The phone slid back into his pocket and he dove off of the top of the jail, letting the wind take him as he dispersed.  Tonight wouldn't yield any answers, but maybe new questions, and sometimes, that's what you need most.

His gaze fell upon Toshi and Niccoli as the made their way through the streets from the mountain...

"I just hope they survive..."

Last edited by Toady on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Toady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*)

Post by Toshi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:37 pm

Toshi cracks his neck again. The slight man in his twenties a stark contrast to the beast beneath.

"Yeah, we got this. Maybe you'll finally get to see me cut loose." He says calmly

The masked Nosferatu shows no fear, no excitement, no joy. Eerily still, the wind still whipping through his coat, independent of the breezes around him, he turns to Niccolai.

"Let's visit the Esbat. I need a sitrep." He says, tone still even

Toshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zacherry on Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:57 pm

Niccolai turns to Toshi and nods.

"Let's" He says to Toshi absently. Niccolai is a stern man with clear Russian heritage, his brown hair held up in his Irish cap, a long dress coat covering the rest of him. His face reveals him as concerned, but ready to face what lies ahead.

The road behind him had been.. odd to say the absolute least. Hopefully things would be slightly more comfortable moving forward. Somehow he knew that was not going to be the case.

"The sooner the better. Let's see what they think is going on here.."

Zacherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toady on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:02 pm

Again, as he alights upon a building top, this time upon the Wyndham in Oakland, he pulls out his cell phone and texts a number he knows to be a burner...

"Things you should learn... don't blame me, you asked for a look dow the Rabbit hole..."

Feeling successfully vague and proudly forboding, he takes to the sky once again, knkwing full well that this meeting will be interesting at best, and fatal at worst....
Toady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankKennedy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Frank looked at his phone after it's familiar buzz in his pocket. "Down the rabbit hole." He muttered to himself as he lit a fresh cigar and strolled around the cathedral looking for visitors.
FrankKennedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack on Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:36 pm

vergil looks at his phone and wonders what friends his priest has sent him as he heads towards the tower in oakland.
chrissstack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toady on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 pm

From well beyond the distance of perception, he watched, waited, as Virgil started walking up the pathway to the traditional Esbat site... He made it within earshot of Frank as Toshi and Niccolai pulled up and parked...

"Well, at the very least, this should be interesting..."

Toady

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:55 pm

A slight, white man in his early twenties strides through the cathedral doors.

He is wearing an all black Armani suit and white tie. A knee length, navy style Peacoat conceals various lumps on his belt that may be weapons or pouches.

His eyes are concealed behind jet black, perfectly circular, 1920's style glasses.

On his left index finger is a pewter ring with a golden, reptilian eye set into it.

He appraises the gathered Cainites with the air of a large bird of prey.

"Greetings all, not to be forward, but who has taken charge in the wake of the recent tumult?" He asks, voice uncolored by emotion

Toshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankKennedy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Frank sighed inwardly at the approach of the Armani suited gentleman "first question is gonna be who's in charge dressed like that."

Frank nodded towards the newcomer

"I'm not absolum." He says after blowing out his cigar smoke a la the famed caterpillar of Alice in Wonderland. "Do we have a mutual acquaintance perhaps sir?"
FrankKennedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zacherry on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:15 pm

Niccolai steps forth from the doors and cuts in "We are friends of Toady's. We have come here to assist, so by your dodging my assumption is that such a leader has yet to have been established."

He scans the room for signs of contention.

Zacherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankKennedy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:34 pm

"Toady told me to expect you. As many bishops have stepped forward as there are ducti, minus one. If you want to get something done start with me. I'll help or find someone that will. I'm inclined to let the circumstances prove those deserving of the positions."
FrankKennedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:41 pm

a man enters wearing a black bandana and long black coat with a long box in his hands.
vergil enters the room and scans the area with auspex to make sure all are cainites and no one else is in the room, as there have been many surprises these past months. "so these are the friends of toady's that i'm suppose to meet tonight. welcome brothers, i hope your journeny was pleasant? so the real question is why am i here and not out hunting?"
chrissstack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zacherry on Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:48 pm

Niccolai looks up at the new face, starting to answer him as he speaks.

"Yes, thank you.. It was very.. Beats me." and turns his attention back over to Frank. "There are a few things I would like to go over with you. I would treat the matter with some urgency." He lifts the box up that he is holding as if gesturing to it while he speaks.

Zacherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:00 pm

The newcomer tilts his head slightly.

Stepping forward, he draws breath merely to continue speaking.

"I'm Toshi, this is Niccolai. Probably."

He lights a cigarette, exhaling the first puff much in the same manner as the man that greeted him had.

"I don't care about positions. You have a traitor to destroy, and problems that need solving. A call was sounded, we have answered."

Toshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zacherry on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:22 pm

Niccolai smirks "Yes, yes." He lets out a sigh.

"Forgive me, Mr... this guy over here.. displayed a dislike for pleasantries. I apologize for my rudeness. Let us get started?"

Zacherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankKennedy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:23 pm

"Toshi, of Digital Blade fame?" Frank inquired.

"Good to meet you both. I'm Frank Kennedy. Let's get to brass tacks. The traitor, Desantes is in the wind, our Archbishop is MIA; quite possibly for months, and there's several gargoyles that either need captured or destroyed, or both. And lastly there's some rumor about the second coming of Caine or a variant on the path of Caine, I'm not sure which. The last item can wait at least until Desantes is dealt with but needs investigated as well."

FrankKennedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankKennedy on Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:24 pm

"What's in the box?"
FrankKennedy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:36 pm

"Yeah, that's me." The eerie man replies, his tone still even.

His coat tails billow slightly from a breeze that seems to come from nowhere.

"Pleasantries are for after enemies are dead. It is good to see new Brothers, but the work must come first."

Toshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi on Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:43 pm

"Oh," he adds, puffing his cigarette, "we found Desantes's Haven."

Toshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack on Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:33 am

" then i believe that we should gather all that we can and head out immediately to remove this traitor from this world"
chrissstack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zacherry on Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:12 am

"First.." Niccolai interrupts "We never said we found DeSantes. Just his haven. Lets not go in without a plan." he gestures to the box he's holding once more. "So shall we go over these quickly or not?"

Zacherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:08 am

"i guess i mistook what exactly what was meant as to finding his haven, being it was his old haven and not his current were he is now. so what info do you have to shed light on this matter?"

vergil sits back and pulls out his cigar and waits patiently for what is to be discussed.
chrissstack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zacherry on Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:20 am

Niccolai walks over to somewhere with a table and sets down the box. After opening it up he sifts through the files taking out anything that is relevant and hands them to Frank.

"Here is some info and I have more we can discuss."

Zacherry

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi on Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:51 pm

"Didn't seem like it was abandoned." Toshi says, hovering behind Niccolai as they speak

"When folks bail out of an op in a hurry, sometimes they leave a lot behind. This just seems like too much to leave. He left his weapons hanging on the wall. Besides, if it were me, and I was being hunted, I'd want to stick close so that I could pick you off one at a time." He says, matter-of-factly

Toshi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack on Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:01 pm

" so do you think that it's another one of his schemes or maybe his handlers didn't need him anymore? or it could be that he's just that cocky?"
chrissstack

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top