Rivers Run Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*)

+3
Zacherry
Toshi
Toady
7 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*) - Page 4 Empty Re: An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*)

Post by Admin Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:24 pm

Upon examining the auras at the back of the church, you notice that the organist (above you) is simply a mortal and her aura reads with frustration, but the two women kneeling at the prayer candles are in fact ghouls seeming extremely calm with almost no movement in their aura...

Mobing towards the front of the church, You realize that the small group of people are actually a wedding party scheduled for Saturday afternoon, and they're going through their rehearsal with the priest, all of them mortal.

Another priest walks out from a door at the front of the church (mortal) and makes his way over to your group...

"Welcome friends, what brings you to the house of the Lord on this fine evening...?"
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://riversrunred.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*) - Page 4 Empty Re: An excercise in fact-finding... (*Open @Cathedral*)

Post by Toshi Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:04 pm

"The Father's good works." Toshi says, adopting a sudden smile and shaking the pastor's hand.

"We didn't mean to intrude. I'm new to town, you see, and I was hoping to find a new home in this place." He continues, more emotion showing on him than at any point previously. Though, a truly astute eye reveals it's forced nature.

Toshi pulls out his leather bound checkbook.

"I see you have a wedding rehearsal in progress, but if we might talk in your chambers, I'd certainly appreciate it, and would be most willing to let the collection plate mirror my sentiments."

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankKennedy Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:20 pm

"And if I'm not mistaken this parish holds Benedictine Oblates
meetings. I'd like to hear about that if you have the time Father." Frank said with an easy smile.
FrankKennedy
FrankKennedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:21 pm

"An unecessary gesture, as all are welcome in God's eyes, but a welcome one at that... Our parish has fallen on some hard times recently as one of our more generous benefactors has aparently moved elsewhere.  Tell me, where is it that you've come to our diocese from? Somewhere with open hearts and traditional beliefs, I can only assume..."

The priest motions for you to follow him to the back of the church and into an ajoining building of offices...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:32 pm

vergil checks the grounds keeper first with auspex to see if he's mortal or not. when the groundskeeper leaves he checks out the cemetery a lil more closely to see if anything is out of place along with the surrounding area. (using auspex)
chrissstack
chrissstack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:35 pm

"Most certainly indeed... The Ordos Benedictus, or, the Oblates of St. Benedict in this region call, for the most part, our humble parish their home...

What is it you were curious about, Mr.........?"

Last edited by Admin on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:39 pm

The mere mortal groundskeeper eventually breaks from his work, heading off towards a cooler next to a shed around the back of the church.

As Vergel moves among the graves, nothing in particular catches his eye at first... Towards the back corner of the cemetaty, he does find, however, a fairly fresh gravestone that reads:

Walter Pope
Beloved Father
Guider of the Lost
Shephard of the People
1921-1967
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:53 pm

"Any honest man has found times to be just a bit harder of late." Toshi says, following the pastor

"I'm most recently out of Elizabethtown, Kentucky. My business keeps me moving more than I'd like, but it is always a boon to meet another good Christian."

As they walk, if the pastor can see him, he adopts a look of concern when he mentions the Church benefactor.

"It is a shame to hear about the departure of one so generous in spirit. They must have been a good person. Though, I suppose He does work in mysterious ways. What necessitated the departure, if it's not to bold to ask?"

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by FrankKennedy Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:54 pm

"Johnson, Levi Johnson." Frank says as he follows the priest into the offices.
"I noticed on the parish website that they hold meetings here. They live a life of moderation, devoid of the excesses so commonly found in the world today. I find those thoughts to mirror my own. I am sad to here of your financial hardships, though your phrasing troubles me. Since you said 'apparently' I can only assume that the parishioner didn't speak with you before leaving?"
FrankKennedy
FrankKennedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:42 pm

Well, Mr. Johnson, I can put you in comtact with them, they meet once a month here at the parish...

As for our wayward protector, as far as we can tell he most likely had a change in position with his employment that required him to relocated with little warning... One night, probably 6 months ago, he just didn't show up at the Sunday evening service, and hasn't been seen since... must be a west coast position...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:53 pm

"Hm. Not a very Christian thing to do, but who am I to judge?" Toshi says, still feigning the confidant and jovial air he'd affected earlier

"Seems then, that this place of worship requires new funding." He says scribbling on a check as he talks.

When he's finished, he sets it in front of the pastor.

($5,000)

"That's just a preliminary donation, but I like to give back to men of God."

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:54 pm

(the check is also signed "Ian Rutherford". One of Toshi's Kine aliases.)

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:39 pm

vergil pulls out his phone and snaps a pic of the headstone and sends it to toshi. " we might have a problem, i'm out back of the church in the cemetery and found this." vergil puts his phone away and begins to inspect the area closer.
chrissstack
chrissstack

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:47 pm

"Mr. Rutherford, I can assure you, our benefactor leads quite a christian lifestyle, but the lord can take a man in any direction he needs to go... Now, I appreciate your donation, but I assure you, the Lord will provide so it is quite unneces......."

He looks at the check...

"Mr. Rutherford... Please, this.... this is.... too generous... The people of this parish, and the Lord, thank you so very much...! This is the act of a truly Christian man... please, tell me you'll be at Mass this Sunday morning... All should know of the loving generosity with which you give... Bless you!"
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:18 am

"The Father has blessed me in many ways," Toshi says, smiling as he pulls out his phone and checking the message, "It would be wrong of any man to hoard such gifts. They have already done me such good, I would see them improve the lives of others."

He pauses at the question of Mass.

"I'm still getting settled at my new home. Provided everything is sound by then, I will of course attend. Failing that, you may be assured of my attendance at the next service."

The masked Nosferatu gazes at the unsuspecting pastor intently

"As a small token in return, perhaps you might TELL ME ABOUT THIS GRAVESTONE?" (I'm using Dominate 2 at 17 Traits. I used caps for the command because I didn't know how else to do it)

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:39 am

"As far as I can remember, the grave has always been there... at least since my tenure here..."

The priest seems to snap out of sone compulsion unknowingly...

Well, Mr. Rutherford, I look forward to introducing to the congregation... when the Lord closes a door, he opens a checkbook...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:47 am

"I'm just a man trying to make a change in the world through the lord's work." He says, smiling

"Thank you for your time, but I think we should allow you to return to your ceremony."

Toshi moves to exit the office politely.

When they are out of earshot, Toshi hands the phone, with the picture up, to Niccolai and Frank.

"Time to get outside."

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:37 am

As Vergil stamds there in a silent vigil, watching over the grave of Walter Pope, an odd, seemingly unnatural mist rolls into the cemetery... It brings with it the sickly sweet smell of rotten apples and as the group breathes to speak, they find it weighing heavy in their lungs...

The interior team, as they make their way outside and around the corner of the church, can barely make out the top edge of a thin cardboard box, standing on edge, at the far corner of the graveyard...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:37 am

Toshi peers at something over his shoulder (Wind Jaggling from earlier)

"Ahem, do you mind?" He asks, indicating the mist as they run

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:58 am

as vergil stands there waiting for the other to arrive his senses go into overtime waiting for something to show itself within the mist. (aura perception and blindfighting) "really mist, can this get any better tonight"(insert sarcasm)
chrissstack
chrissstack

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:43 am

"Ahem," Toshi says to the nothing over his shoulder, "seriously, do you mind getting rid of this?"

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:13 pm

Seemingly at Toshi's request, a sharp wind blows through the cemetary, clearung the mist and exposing the headstone at Vergil's feet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:19 pm

"Thank you." Toshi says, still sprinting to Virgil's side

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by chrissstack Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:41 pm

"here comes the cavalry, wonder whats next. why is all this weird shit happening as of late, i mean come on --eerie fog from no where that smells of rotten apples, really. what fucked up imaginary being is going to show up this time."
chrissstack
chrissstack

Back to top Go down

Post by Toshi Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:50 pm

"Doesn't really matter." Toshi says, his usual emotionless tone returning

"It's hostile, we destroy it. Simplicity at it's best."

Toshi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next