Rivers Run Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Break Time With Tucker (April 2019)

Go down

Break Time With Tucker (April 2019) Empty Break Time With Tucker (April 2019)

Post by SSmith Thu May 09, 2019 2:15 am

Tom collapsed into the comfy chair with an exaggerated sigh. Tucker caught a brief glimpse of the inside of Tom's mouth when the vampire's head lolled back, shuddering as Tom's Obfuscate strained to conceal the gaping, batrachean maw. It was nothing Tucker hadn't seen before - it was not, after all, his first rodeo with his vampiric coworker - but he wasn't sure he'd ever get used to it. After a moment, Tom spoke up.

"Man, I'd be lying if I said my passion for this project wasn't flagging a little. I'm starting to repeat myself, y'know? I just did the thing with the booze and the missing time again. You know the one. It was fun, but... not as fun as the first time, you know?"

"Have you tried a "rubber baby bumper"? That's probably my favorite." Tucker's attention was only about halfway on the conversation. He'd broken down his sidearm and was busying himself with cleaning it.

"Motherfucker, I invented that one. The teeth thing? Yeah, that was me. Though I guess it's been long enough I could do it again, maybe put a different spin on it... unless you just did it? God... This used to be so much easier."

"Nah, man. Not my style. Someone did one just the other day, though. What's the "touchy uncle" one? With the memory drug?"

"We used to call that the "Subway special", but nowadays that's the "presidential suite"."

"Nice. Nice. Why not do that again? Seems like plenty of room for improvisation in that one."

"Hmm... Maybe..."

Tucker finished cleaning his gun in silence, put it back together, holstered it, and picked himself up, stretching.

"You've got to make your own fun, my dude. You'll be doing this a lot longer than I will. Keep your mind engaged or you'll go crazy... As for me, I'm off to kill a restaurant owner. So that's fun. Keep your nose clean, Dagon... I mean, Tom."

"Later, Tucker. I'll think on it..."

Tom remained sitting for some time, going over his last project in his head. Gradually, a smile began to twist his features, growing wider until it again tested the limits of his ability to hide his true face. Good ol' Tucker. Such an inspiration.
SSmith
SSmith

Back to top Go down