Rivers Run Red
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snake Oil For Sale (Pack Business)

4 posters

Go down

Snake Oil For Sale (Pack Business) Empty Snake Oil For Sale (Pack Business)

Post by A Pimp Called Rapha Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:51 am

Alberto could hardly be bothered to stop scratching his arm long enough to spare the newcomers a glance.  He was finding it harder to give a shit about these dead end bouncer gigs anymore.  He had been a goddamn army MP for Christ's sake!  Now he was "guarding" a dingy shithole that wouldn't be worth his effort back in the sandbox, let alone in the states.  Just because that 90-day wonder found him taking a little time off patrol to climb a ladder.  Shiiit, he thought, bet that cock smoking fobbit wanted to see if using the big green dick meant he actually.....

"Woah man! What the hell!" Alberto was sure he wasn't strung out enough to have missed the man approach, but he couldn't recall seeing him until he spoke.  Maybe it really was time to see that VA doc.

"I believe I was to show you my ID, yes?"

"Yeah, whatever...what is this crap? some kinda Hispanic thing?"

"Portuguese, friend.  From Brazil."

"Sure..."  He really must have taken a little too much tonight, the guy was unremarkable but even so he couldn't seem to keep the face straight long enough to compare the picture.  He glanced at the circles around his eyes in the Newport mirror on the wall. He didn't like what he saw.  Didn't.like..what he saw...in the mirror. Behind the guy!  

"Oh my fu.....!" The words died on his numb tongue as he met the eyes of the "man" in front of him.  The blurry image in his head had been replaced by the harsh, chiseled lines of an emaciated face.  The features were obviously Brazilian, only the skin was a chalky white that seemed out of place.  But it was the eyes that had consumed his attention, hard chips of onyx that held him fast like a cat sizing up a mouse for sport.

"Your God has nothing to do with me, my friend.  He and I parted ways quite some time before he abandoned you to your pain I imagine."  He touched Alberto's arm with a hand that felt chill, "None of that matters now, though.  You look you need a break.  A drink perhaps or maybe something stronger."

The man's voice was like warm silk on Alberto's ears as the words slithered into his mind like worms.  They sounded more right the second time he went over them in his head.  He did need something to take the edge off. That was why he felt so upset, he just needed a pill or two.  He didn't even notice the guy had opened the door until he had started toward the bathroom. "Thanks man."

"My pleasure." said the plain faced man that followed the bouncer into the bar.

Rapha liked the pack's choice of a venue.  It was just the right place for a meet and eat.  The patrons were the kind a hard trodden lot that couldn't be lifted from their own miseries long enough to care about the strange, new arrivals.  He could see from their posture that many were already deep enough in drink and self-loathing they wouldn't have the wits to cause a problem when the celebratory slaughter began, if the meeting went well.  Just like the cattle to be so concerned with themselves to never realize that they had left the door open when the devil came knocking.

Yes.  He thought he might like it here very much....
A Pimp Called Rapha
A Pimp Called Rapha

Back to top Go down

Snake Oil For Sale (Pack Business) Empty Re: Snake Oil For Sale (Pack Business)

Post by Marcus? Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:05 pm

Lazarus wondered what the fascination with bars was.  Certainly, one's subjects and/or dinner were plentiful, and easy to acquire ... but they're so damned loud.
Fortunately, when one has certain powers of concentration, it's simple enough to filter out the noise in this kind of venue.  
Although, it's a tossup as to which "noise" is more obnoxious; the verbal chatter and droning of nigh-inaudible music, or the telepathic subscript present in the minds of the kine.  One wishes that their boss would quit sucking off their own superior, and grant a much-deserved raise for work well-done, another wishes that the girl they like would quit chasing other girls (and horrid men!), and pay attention ... so on, and so forth.

"And they wonder why I stay in the lab most nights ..." thinks Lazarus to itself, while sipping a glass of Merlot, surprisingly unwatered for a dive of such low specifications.  Otherwise, it perches patiently in a rather abandoned corner of the establishment.  The locals seem to not want to bother chattering with their ... "guest," attractive though "he" (she?  it?) might appear.  Perhaps Albinism freaks them out.  Or perhaps, they simply recognize the look of Something Man Was Not Meant To Fuck With.

Marcus?

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Eve Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Alexis hated bars, it's a reminder that nothing changes. The problems are the same in most countries though one can get a good laugh at the so called "first world problems". Maybe a third of these people actually understood true misery....those people made going to the bars worth while..to study at least.

It glanced at Lacy, shaking its head to the fact of letting him set up this venue. I guess it could be worse, like a abandoned building or something more "typical". Murphy is stoic and ready as ever, which is pretty lame half the time. Good for appearances, bad for having fun.

The twitchy bouncer seems to be missing. Looks like those fake IDs will have to be tested another time. It walks in and scans the pond of misery and self loathing. Taking a slow deep breath, like a drag from smooth cig, the despair in this bar is almost enough to sustain it. Lacy did good, very good for this.

Alexis motions towards the pool tables. In stride, it scans the room figuring that who they are meeting will take the que. "Lacy, why not get us some drinks and some change for the table."  It takes a quick glance at Murphy and nods.

Last edited by Alexis Eve on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexis Eve
Alexis Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by A Pimp Called Rapha Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 am

Rapha picked up a cue off the rack and strolled to the table.  As he leaned across the end rail he allowed his mask to drop.

"Greetings, my brothers and sisters of the Sword. We have much to discuss that will see us stand all the mightier against the storms that beset our city.  And it seems the saints have blessed us with a fortuitous night of blackness and mortal suffering."
A Pimp Called Rapha
A Pimp Called Rapha

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Eve Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:10 am

Alexis raises an eyebrow at the smooth creature that came over. It leans over and whispers to Murphy. "Might want to take notes, you could learn something from this one."

It straighten up its posture and smiles at the gentleman. "Indeed we do have some things to talk about brother. Though I'm afraid the saints checked themselves out awhile ago."

It pauses to collect some of it's thoughts. Normally it's in an advisory roll, not a leader, though it will adapt. Slightly posturing itself, and thinking of past nights of watching others and what it wouldn't do if it were in that position. It put its finger to its lips and breathed.

"We are currently in an interesting position. We are re-birthing ourselves,  if you will, and looking to add to those who share our interests in mind. That being said, if you are looking for front line, fast track to death or glory, then let me stop you right now. While we may not jump into combat first, we jump into combat smart.  If this may have perked your curiosity, then I will continue." She motions towards the door "If it didn't, enjoy the darkness my brother."

Last edited by Alexis Eve on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexis Eve
Alexis Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by A Pimp Called Rapha Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Rapha laughed with almost genuine emotion at the thought.  "Finally!  A...sister..I suppose, that understands the value of subtlety, a trait all too rare among the vampires of this city.  I had begun to think that even our leaders were fresh out of the ground!"

He traced the prominent bones of his cheek with his free hand, "You have seen already the powers of the blood that I cultivate.  I care nothing for the glory of combat, only for the deaths of those who would dare to challenge me.  Let them stand proudly in the line of battle. I would bleed them dry, bit by bit, until they begin to crave the night that I come for them as a blade in the darkness. I will commend all their glories to their ashes!"

He took the cue ball and set it, waiting for the break,  "Now, if I have your interest sister...Pray continue."
A Pimp Called Rapha
A Pimp Called Rapha

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Eve Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:32 pm

It hands the cue to Murphy and nods at him. It enjoyed pool, but enjoyed watching the though process of the players more than playing itself. It couldn't help but smile at the fact that there yet may be another that could work.

"Very well." It leaned against the wall behind Murphy.

"Murphy, Lacy and myself have known each other for awhile now. We were scouts and recon before we came to the states. Our job is to do the job that most on this side don't want to do. Gathering info, playing with mortals, other jobs we may want to keep discrete about, yada yada yada." It pauses and waives its hand around its face as if it was waiving off cig smoke. "There is a bonus to this job, outside the not throwing yourself at the walls of our enemies. If we are good at our job, others realize our value....which could get expensive." It lets a small smile curl over its lips. "I'm sure we will eventually do more than these mundane things, but right now with our securities lacking in many areas, it's nice to focus on little but very important things. It also keeps others guessing as to what we are actually capable of doing."

It muses over the game of pool. Curious of how this game may play out.

Last edited by Alexis Eve on Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alexis Eve
Alexis Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:34 pm

Murphy nods at Alexi and examines the table. He leans in and takes his shot to start the game.

Once the tables frantic dance comes to rest, he steps back. His eyes slowly drifting from the chaotic collision of the billiard balls to the intricate and graceful collision of auras and personalities.

Although his eyes are still and calm, the thoughts behind race about with the possible moves of each player in the more interesting of the two games.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by A Pimp Called Rapha Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:25 pm

The butt of the cue taps out a slow circuit of the table, passing by the easy stripe in the corner to draw behind a line on a slightly less obvious, but still high percentage, shot on a solid to the near side.  Two more balls follow in quick succession before a carefully placed safety sees the cue ball sitting behind a tight pack of three balls near the foot spot.

Rapha takes up his position near Alexis leaning back to the table lightly tapping the cue on the floor.  "I can provide you some aid in the protection of the havens and territories you claim.  More than that, I say without insult to you, there is no other in this city that can so well herd the cattle into productive uses."

A conspiratorial lean places him ever so slightly into the line of the least risky shot open to Murphy.  "And with control of the cattle may come our best chance to uncover and entrap the threats to the Sword's power both within and without.  A subject we may have to discuss at length, if we choose to work together."
A Pimp Called Rapha
A Pimp Called Rapha

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexis Eve Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:59 pm

It sly smile slides back into business position. "Then it seems that our ideas are aligned." It pauses and scans the table. Its mind is going a thousand miles a minute with potential and possibilities.

"Defense of haven and territories is very important and I believe with our growing numbers, Lacy and Murphy can figure out how to best utilize our potentials in it's defense. I may have one of the other new ones may be thrown into it's more active defenses as well. Which would leave the other newcomer, myself and you." A brief pause of though and its eyes roll up to the ceiling. "Unless the other two decide to bail or prove lacking, Lacy spoke with them. I haven't had much of a chance to pick their brains yet. But, that would leave us to controlling the cattle, and other possibilities. Ones that will ensure our value to the others."

Alexis smirks and glances at Murphy. "Well then, I do believe we have came to an understanding and only formalities remain." It extends its gloved hand out to the gentlemen.
Alexis Eve
Alexis Eve

Back to top Go down

Post by Murphy Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:12 pm

Seeing the opportunity as Alexi extends a hand to Rapha, Murphy slips between Rapha and the table and lines up his shot. Quickly, he draws back, hitting the first target just to the right of center. Then, he strikes forward, hitting the cue and following through as his second target is pocketed. Another quick shot wedges the cue ball between the cushions and a solid.
Murphy
Murphy

Back to top Go down

Post by A Pimp Called Rapha Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:20 am

Rapha takes the proffered hand and gives it a single hard shake. "I agree. We find ourselves of like mind and purpose. Well done as well Murphy, I see you are one who does not pass on his opportunity to strike. A useful trait in an ally."

A gesture to the corner booth brings over a beautiful auburn haired woman. "Rose see if you can convince Lazarus to depart before this gets messy." Rapha then hands her a set of keys, "Even if he will not, lock the door behind you and get home. I will call when I have need of you again."

"Well, brothers and sisters," he gestures broadly to the room, "shall we break open the drinks and toast our new beginning."
A Pimp Called Rapha
A Pimp Called Rapha

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcus? Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:06 am

After handling the financial side of this evening's outing, Lazarus shrugs nigh-imperceptibly, and leaves without incident (or, for that matter, even the appearance of concern).

As it returns to its vehicle, Lazarus thinks, "I expected something like this ... and can adjust plans as necessary.  That Cainite and myself are ... too dissimilar in technique."

(Slight OOC Note: If Rapha appears at what was previously the "lab," note that any of its gear and "material" have been neatly removed.  (What Tzimisce doesn't keep more than one spot to crash, eh?))

Marcus?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down